When can I collect my prescription?
RULE of THUMB:
- 1-2 weeks before you run out &
- ALL medication of which you have Less than 6 weeks supply.
This way you will not be inconvenienced if there are any unexpected delays.
Our standards at WPHC:
- We aim to complete all standard (within authorisation) repeat prescription requests within 2 working days, depending on when it is ordered. (Many are done the same day)
- Non Repeat medication may be requested, but you will be expected to tell the admin team the reason for this. This request will go through to one our our Doctors to look at and either the prescription will be issued or you will be informed of what you would be expected to do if it is declined.
You can help us by:
- You can help us to meet these standards by ordering all your prescription items required at one time in the month. e.g order all medication that you need for the month together. any items which you have less than 6 weeks supply of at the time of ordering should be ordered.
- Please inform the receptionists if your requirements fall outside of our standards, and we will try our best to help.
- Please order your repeat prescriptions in good time, ideally with a week to spare, to allow us time to process the request.
- Please be patient with our staff, and be aware that the telephone may be a convenient way to order your medication, but it does increase the chances of errors on prescriptions. The safest way to order your prescription is by written request using the right hand side of your previous prescription. This reduces errors significantly.